Provide information on credit union products and services to current and potential members according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations. Prepare, analyze, process, and document all required forms and related documentation for loans. Approve or deny a variety of loan applications, within loan authority according to credit union policy and approval guidelines. Duties include:
- Ensure prompt, efficient, courteous, accurate and professional service is provided to Credit Union members and staff in all aspects of loan servicing. Assist with or initiate action deemed necessary for resolving member problems.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Federal, State, and local laws, rules and regulatory requirements pertaining to the Credit Union as they relate to Loan Servicing and assist in their necessary compliance.
- Making recommendations to management when adjustments are necessary to minimize risk to the Credit Union.
- Make recommendations to the CEO for improvements and enhancements to loan promotions, existing procedures and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports required for the servicing and lending areas and any additional reports/analysis required by management.
- Comply with applicable internal policies, procedures, practices, and regulatory requirements as they relate to Loan Servicing functions. Answer loan inquiries, provide program information, and send application packets.
- Determine eligibility for loans and facilitate application submission.
- Process and evaluate loan applications, verifying accuracy and completeness.
- Provide applicant with timely and periodic status updates of loan application.
- Evaluate and interpret applicant credit report, bank statements, tax returns, and budget to determine whether the applicant has the ability to repay loan.
- Ensure applicant understands terms of repayment and communication expectations.
- Prepare closing documents and collect required documentation for borrower and follow up on missing elements.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in loan servicing preferred.
- Must be familiar with loan products, loan-servicing practices, policies and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of word, excel, access and comparable software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
Health, dental, paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401K (with match), LTD, life insurance.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet position requirements: Fax resume to 205-554-3722 in care of the Human Resource Department.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Tuscaloosa VA Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.