Who We Are
Tuscaloosa VA Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned, financial cooperative committed to providing members with the financial services they need, when and where they need them — affordably, conveniently, and professionally.
Tuscaloosa VA Federal Credit Union was established in November 1951. The credit union was formed through the efforts of seven employees at the Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center. They were confident that pooling their resources and forming a cooperative such as the Credit Union would help meet the financial needs of all those employed at the VA Medical Center. Establishing this credit union would make a positive difference in their lives and that of their co-workers.
In 2000, the members requested more branches and convenient services. In May 2004, the field of membership was expanded to include the entire community of Tuscaloosa County allowing the credit union to add those branches. Meanwhile, in 2003, the credit union was fortunate to assist another credit union (York Citizens Federal Credit Union) and, thereby, allowing Tuscaloosa VA Federal Credit Union to extend its services to Sumter County.
Today, Tuscaloosa VA Federal Credit Union still holds dear those beliefs established by those seven Medical Center employees. Our members come first. Our financial strength, credibility, and success is solely dependent upon our members. Our success ensures financial value to our members. Tuscaloosa VA Federal Credit Union provides a wide array of products and services through a network of two branches located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Online Branch Service.
Providing products and services that allow our members to fulfill their dreams, build wealth and gain financial freedom is our mission. We do this by:
- Educating our members on sound financial management practices to assist them in achieving that financial freedom
- Offering fair and honest deals to all members at all times – no gimmicks, no hidden fees
- Treating every member with respect and dignity
- Continually researching and implementing new product offerings that will best benefit our members
- Delivering a range of low-cost products and services to the diverse economic and social make-up of our members
- Offering competitive rates and dividends